Monday, April 6, 2009

Video Tune of the Week for 04/06/09 -- Cancer Bats, Hail Destroyer

I find these fellows' music to be extremely soothing. On a tip from Heather, my sister bought me Hail Destroyer for Christmas, and I fell in love immediately. The songwriting and musical sense are greatly improved over their first, full-length release, Birthing the Giant. The lead screamer writes the lyrics, and I've read that this album was very personal for him. A lot of pain and anger, mixed with, dare I say it, a positive attitude. Lines like, "Our lives begin when we fall down," "Unlive the past would only rob the future," and "Hey world, you'll never break me. Try your hardest, try your hardest," are just a few snatches of the wisdom on this release.

Also, I find these guys mesmerizing to watch. Maybe you will, too. If you want a good listen, beginning to end, consider the CD of the same name of this tune. See ya 'til next week.

No comments: