Monday, April 27, 2009

Video Tune of the Week for 04/27/09 -- Pro-Pain, In for the Kill

This'll be the last tune blastin' out of our old pad. We're making two trips with a truck tomorrow and hope to be pretty much done by then. We've also got to primer some of the walls in the old place because I decided to paint the red for some reason when I first moved in. Yipee!

I've been a fan of Pro-Pain for some time now. When I first began listening to them, I disagreed with quite a bit of their politics. But now, well, I'm finding myself agreeing more and more. Funny how we change sometimes when we least expect it.

I like this style of music. I've heard it referred to as "heavy-core". Heather actually likes this band, but can only stand to listen to the singer by thinking of him as "a really mad Cookie Monster". Such observations on her part have helped me not take things too seriously many times over, including this band. My good friends know I can be pretty intense. That intensity, at least on an interpersonal level, is waning in my life. A good friend is worth more to me these days than the sum of our differences.

By the way, just a little trivia. When I play this song on Yahoo! Music, one of the other choices I'm given is a song by The Dresden Dolls. What the crap? I could very easily puke all over a CD by that "group".

Have fun with this, and we'll be chattin' from our new place next week!

No comments: